Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Steven C. Greene and I

There are times when you feel infinite, those moments when you feel like there's nothing which stops you from being what you truly are when you and your significant other are surrounded by happiness and love and all the right things, those moments of impact, and of true love. Moments like these are rare and they help fix us all, one piece at a time and with Steve, I've experienced each one of these moments. When all we have is love in between the little air surrounding our bodies, when we are looking at each other, feeling the energy between us and wishing to get lost in the immense happiness.
It is funny how meaningless the same surroundings become when the person whom you spent those moments with is not there, and you involuntarily start looking for them around, beside you or fetching you some food to eat, walking by your side, hand in hand, or sitting at the table on the other side. When your eyes search for anything familiar to the person, for the chairs and tables you touched while you were together, the smell, the heavenliness which their aroma gave you and the strength they had, the healing power, the catharsis. 

Such is the love between us. Some people have a notion that love is consuming and all you do is spend your resources without a proper return, that you 'fall' in love. I have never felt it happening to me, for I've always risen, risen in love with him. He is the early morning breeze which freshens me up, he is the moonlight which guides me at night, his love is the support which helps me get up after facing failures, the smile on his face motivates me to be happy, his words make me confident about my dreams and aspirations. There's not one moment I can recall when I've fallen, when I've felt less of what I am, of what I want to be. 

Steve has been the most resilient support I have that I can recall from the time I started understanding the nuances, ways and beings of an undergraduate student's life. Helpful, kind and empathetic, he has always appreciated what all I did and used to do and he still does. Never has one day gone when he doesn't try to lift me up by cheering me through my bad days, by motivating me to believe in myself if I'm feeling low. He makes sure he brings coffee for me if I'm feeling cold and reserves half of his sandwiches for me when he comes to see me, he turns up at the most unexpected moments to surprise me with nice songs and leaves no opportunity to introduce me to some of the nice things of the world. His touch sends shivers down my spine and the warmth of his hugs make me less tensed about my work. He has those gleaming eyes which look for me in the crowd and the smile which reaches his eyes. His expressions tell me that I'm the only damn thing which will ever matter to him. He doesn't need to meet me, or listen to me every passing hour to sustain the love, one smile from me is enough for him to do that. 
I can clearly remember his heavenly scent making me utterly happy, I can almost touch the edges of his lips, the curves of a very lovely face and how the one freckle on his forehead makes me want to kiss him. How he becomes sad about his receding hairline and how sad he is about his inability to lift me up. But that, that matters the least to me. All that matters is how one day I slept on his lap while he smoothened my hair, how he held my hand to make me okay, how he shows his affection for me by touching my cheeks with his fingers, how he calls to check if I have reached home alright or not, how warm and safe he makes me feel like, and how infinite I am in his presence. How his hugs assure me about my work, how his words inspire me to try on for more leadership and how his eyes motivate me to face challenges head on. And he still drives me around the city to the most beautiful places and all I can do us love him in return for all that he does for me. 
Forgiving and kind, he has shown me the power of love. He has shown me what it means to be the significant half of your special someone and he has empowered me to become more and more for my own self. And even if we have lots of responsibilities on our heads, and we don't get to spend as much time as we deserve, but I know, there will always be an idiot who is waiting every night for a young fat little girl to tell him how much she adores him and loves him so that he can retire for the night and sleep happily. And I know he wishes that she'll come home soon to kiss him good night every day. And I know that he knows all of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment