Wednesday, June 01, 2016

June 1, 2016: Day One

So I must start writing now, been sleeping for a lot of time lately and I should wake up because I think it is important. It's important that I share my experiences with the people in general about the general people I work with. And hence, I must get up from my post examination hibernation and should start writing now.
Well, it wasn't off a good start with my heels breaking and waiting at the gates so they could process the data with their HR. But at the gates I saw "My LG My Pride!" and everyone around me seemed to mind their businesses. Nonetheless, I stepped in to see the humongous world outside of my college and get some real life experience, oh yeah.
I entered and the entrance cards were using RFid technique which was shocking, to be honest. And the mini fountain only in K Block (HR Dept v fun) and the 5 ft TV was also a sight to behold. I am listening to their podcasts and the webcasts about their smartphone division and just outside my room there are HR and MS (whatever MS stands for) and Finance people. Sitting with me are "potential" employees and one interview just took place by a Korean (looked Japanese but what do I know?). One has been welcomed to LG. 


So this guy comes here and tells me some "Points to be noted and rules to be followed"


        1. Formals only (funny because he is wearing jeans). You can wear casuals on Saturday because 'Casual Saturday!'
        2. No 'B.Tech-ing' around. (Okay, you're good people but we know shit too, alright? I think I shouldn't pester this HR anyway so I keep mum)
        3. No internet here. High-end security area.
        4. The day starts at 8:30 am and ends at 6 pm (Well, I am going to spend quite a lot of time here)
        5. Breakfast, lunch, cafeteria at your disposal (Oh yeah, free food! Hail LG)
        6. Corporate buses for travel are provided (V. cool really, had a really bad time coming to this place in the morning)

So earlier this day, I met some of my fellow interns and interacted with them. There's a girl from The University of Newcastle (or not?) and there's one guy from Thapar University, Alex (changing names, because privacy!), and this other girl, very hippy but still genuine and sweet enough with short hair and long height and probable tattoos, is from NIFT Delhi.

Anyway, I would take leave now. I am excited and I pretty much hope I learn some stuff here alright. Make the most of your opportunity, they say. 

Aye! Let's see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment